Teesside Cast Products will continue to make steel until the end of February or until raw material has run out, it has been revealed. The plant, based in Redcar, was due to be mothballed in January with the loss of about 1,700 jobs. Community Union said the decision would provide time for an alternative for the future of steelmaking on Teesside. Earlier in the week the firm agreed a last-minute deal to keep the South Bank Coke Ovens open, safeguarding 120 jobs. Community Union’s general secretary Michael J Leahy said: “These additional weeks will provide valuable time to find an alternative future for steelmaking on Teesside.
Search Tees SWP
- Napavine Naper Naperian Naperville Naphtali Naphthylamine black d Napier Napier's bones Napier's rods Napierian Napierian logarithm Naples Naples red Naples yellow Napoleon Napoleon I Napoleon II Napoleon III Napoleon blue Napoleonana Napoleonic Napoleoni on Leadership and the student movement
- Damon on london demo against education cuts
- Damon on Right to Work demo
- CJ on Purple Ed’s first speech as leader of the Labour party
- Damon on Purple Ed’s first speech as leader of the Labour party